Website Church Organist / Pianist Needed
The Church of the Good Shepherd in Kansas City has a congregation that understands the importance of music as an integral part of our liturgy and worship.
At Good Shepherd, we hope our music program and ministries will grow in new ways with the arrival of our new Organist/Pianist, while holding true to our Episcopal traditions. By further developing and growing our music ministries, we seek to support stronger connections within the church and more involvement with the broader community through spreading the joy of music in worship, education, and outreach.
Good Shepherd is actively seeking an enthusiastic musician who can play organ/piano literature and improvisation, accompany the choir and assist the Choir Director, and collaborate with the Rector and Choir Director to plan and lead congregational hymnody and other service music. The right individual will demonstrate leadership, organization, tactful communication, and work collectively and harmoniously with the Rector, Choir Director, Parish Administrator, and various church teams. This is a part-time position with hours on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and other days and times as needed. A typical week is up to 15 hours, with more in certain weeks based on the Church calendar or as otherwise needed. The Organist/Pianist reports to the Rector.
- Proficiency in organ and piano playing, including sight-reading, knowledge of registrations, and the ability to provide appropriate incidental music.
- Two to three years of experience in a similar role, or a post-secondary degree in music.
- Appreciation for a broad spectrum of musical styles.
- Familiarity with Episcopal Church liturgy is strongly preferred.
- Adept at employing music in support of and complementary to the worship service.
- Ability to act as a church and worship leader, and recognition of the role as a vital component of the church’s larger ministry and mission.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button below and send us your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org