Macaroni and Tomatoes
- 4 quart pan
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni I almost always use American Beauty
- 1 can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Fill pot big enough to handle 3 quarts of water. Add salt (or to taste) and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender.
- Once macaroni is cooked, empty pot into strainer in the sink and return the pot to the stove. Add butter and melt.Do NOT rinse the macaroni even though some people tell you to – we don't want it cooling off. Once the butter is almost melted, dump the strainer back into the pot and stir coating macaroni with the butter.
- When the macaroni has been coated, open the can of tomatoes and dump into macaroni. Using the can the tomatoes were in, add a little water to the can to rinse the inside of the can and pour into the macaroni on the stove.Reduce heat to low and stir. Once the tomatoes come up to temperature, serve right away.Should make about 4 servings.